Quinoa Peach and Blueberry Pancakes
Pumpkins and apples are all over taking their place on farmer’s stands but I decided to give summer another chance! One last summer breakfast and I’m shifting to pumpkin spice latte…just kidding, not my kind of thing!
To be honest I’m obsessed with grains, my pantry is full of different kinds but quinoa is my favorite. No wonder it was called ‘the mother of all grains’ in Inca Empire! Quinoa is full of protein, fiber, minerals, it’s one of the most nutritious foods out there. Basically it’s a protein that tastes like carb…and it’s gluten free…and it’s delicious! There are so many ways to make quinoa a part of your diet, lately quinoa pancakes are at the top of our breakfast list.
The best way to start your day is a healthy and nutritious breakfast, trust me this is the one. Soft and fluffy pancakes full of protein and fresh fruits…heavenly!
1 ½ cup quinoa flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 ¼ cup almond milk
1 tbsp honey
8 tsp olive oil
2 peaches, thinly sliced
1 cup blueberries
1. Beat eggs in kitchen mixer until fluffy.
2. Add milk and honey while mixing on low speed.
3. Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) and start adding gradually, mix until smooth.
4. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a skillet over low heat.
5. Pour about ¼ cup of batter on the skillet. Top it with a few peach slices and a small handful of blueberries.
5. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until you see bubbles around the edges, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
6. Repeat until you run out of the batter.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Adriana & Martina: two sisters, two best friends, two different lives, two different countries but passion is the same . We decided to share our love for fashion and food with you. Thanks to this blog the distance that separates us will be less, this is a place that connect us, where we meet and where we share our thoughts. Let us take you on our journey .